[3830] CQWW CW W1MU SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mike@crv.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1MU SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 21:41:08 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1MU
Operator(s): W1MU
Station: W1MU

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: FN53 - Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 30.5

  160:
   80:
   40: 1351    36      124
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1351    36      124  Total Score = 626,240

Club:

Comments:

This was my first-ever 40M, high power entry in the WW.  Welcome to the NFL.
Some very loud signals on 40M and some extraordinary QSO counts from 40M
positions at the multi-ops.

Conditions and activity were, in general, good though too few JAs were worked.
In general I know that when I'm not working JA's it's because they are on some
other band, so where were they?  Some great paths, like YE2S and B1Z due south
an hour after sunset on Sunday.  But without packet you miss a lot of mults and
I sure did.

I admire the guys who can open up at 0000Z on the first day and RUN.  I always
get a staggered start and I end up paying for it at the end with a deficient
QSO count.

I learned a lot and look forward to 2012.

Radio:          K3 (SO1R)
Amp:            ACOM 2000A
TX ant:         W6NL hybrid Yagi-Moxon @ 90'
RX ant 1:       450' Beverage, 2W NE/SW
RX ant 2:       Hi-Z 4SQ RX array (K7TJR)