[3830] CQWW CW K8CN SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cn@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8CN SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 21:21:57 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Durham NH
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:    2     1        1
   40:  149    14       48
   20:   69    14       35
   15:  112    17       56
   10:  126    18       50
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig: K2 @ 5 Watts
Ant: Lazy H, cut for 20 meters, fed at center of phasing line for multi-band
operation

The theme of this effort for me was: addicted and conflicted.  I went into the
weekend with multiple work and family commitments still pending, hence the
feeling of guilt every time I stole away to the shack to make a few Qs.  Once
on a roll, I couldn't tear myself away from the radio.  How could I when barely
audible stations on 10M came back to my first (pipsqueak) call repeatedly?  This
one was essentially all S&P for me -- tried a few runs, but had nowhere near the
success with it this year as I did last year. Still managed a best S&P hour of
70 Qs.  Felt like I waited in line a lot longer this year even for relatively
commonplace countries -- was it my imagination, or were there really that many
more players in the game this year?

Congratulations to all of the other QRP'ers who ran up such impressive totals -
I am in awe of your skills!  Thanks, as always, to those who work so hard to dig
us out of the noise and QRM.

73,
Mike, K8CN