[3830] CQWW CW G3VPW SOSB(A)/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 8kf@gotadsl.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G3VPW SOSB(A)/40 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 14:08:29 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G3VPW
Operator(s): G3VPW
Station: G3VPW

Class: SOSB(A)/40 HP
QTH: IO91GP
Operating Time (hrs): 36hr10

  160:
   80:
   40: 1471    32      115
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1439    32      115  Total Score = 362,649

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Going in for SOSB 40m HP assisted category again but NO Cluster or RBN, using
LOCAL skimmer only with  an SDR-IQ and my K3 + P3 combination. Can't get out of
the habit of S+P so despite having 'assistance' still  spent a lot of time doing
traditional technique (skimmer certainly didn't find everthing, in particular
the  expeditions !). Had plenty of good runs just going at a steady pace, the
local skimmer came into its  own toward the end of the contest in parallel with
traditional S+P. At one stage had over 300 stns in the unfiltered WinTest
bandmap list all worked !! An amazing site at the end of the contest, opened up
the span on  my P3 to show the whole of the 40m band and watch the RF spectrum
fill slowly disappear, took about  2 minutes !! Great fun again.