[3830] CQWW CW K1HTV SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1htv@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1HTV SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 19:01:37 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1HTV
Operator(s): K1HTV
Station: K1HTV

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 20:25

  160:   19     6       11
   80:   42    12       29
   40:  129    14       60
   20:  194    35       90
   15:  149    27       77
   10:  218    31       97
------------------------------
Total:  750   125      364  Total Score = 1,056,384

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Four weeks after hip surgery (done on the Friday of the CQWW SSB test) I didn't
plan to do much operating in the CQWW CW test. But I did want to add some
points to the PVRC club score. I had already told Frank, W3LPL that I wouldn't
be up to sitting in the 160M chair from dusk to dawn for this years CQWW CW
test.

Operating at home, I was able to put in 7 hours of BIC (Butt in Chair) time on
Saturday, in 1 to 3 hours stints  before my hip reminded me to take a rest.
With the great condition, I managed to add another 13 hours of operating time
on Sunday. Unlike past contests, I sent not a single CQ. I know, my score would
have been much higher, but this time I was in the CQWW for fun, looking for new
band countries. In the process, I made a million points and managed to work all
40 zones. The last ones were XU and VK (zone 30) both long path on 20 Meters.

Also, was pleased to work some new ones on 10 Meters. A few days before the
contest, XV was worked for 10M country #330. 9M2 became 10M country #331 with
100 Watts, via a skew path to the east on Sunday afternoon.

So, the CQWW CW test, although a bit painful at times, was fun to work.

73,
Rich - K1HTV  -  GO PVRC!!!