[3830] ARRL 160 N1LN M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1LN M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 09:37:20 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): W0UCE, N3ND, N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 34

Total:  QSOs = 1398  Sections = 77  Countries = 31  Total Score = 321,084

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

It was once again fun to share a contest weekend with Jack, W0UCE and Dan, N3ND.
 Jacks first action of the weekend was to give the station a gift.  It was a
multiplier bell that has been needed around here for several years. Our
assumption was that it would be used during the second night when working
additional multipliers.  However, by then we were ready to change the intended
use from working new mults to working any Q at all.  Needless to say, we felt a
bit challenged this weekend.

The initial goals for the weekend were quite conservatively. Due to conditions
we did not expect to surpass the previous years results in any category.
Unfortunately, we succeeded. However, we never intended to miss by this much.
Qs were down by 242, mults were down by 23, and points per Q was down from an
already low number last year to 2.13 this year. Together these stats resulted
in a score 171,214 points lower than in 2010.

Thanks to all for the Qs, especially the EU Qs between 0400 and 0700 UTC on
Sunday morning. Those 3 hours gave us some optimism that we just might pull it
out. Without you our mult totals would have been MUCH worse.  In the end the
section check boxes for AK, SDG and NWT were left blank.

Hope to see you all, and more, in CQWW 160 in January.

73,
Bruce, Jack and Dan