[3830] ARRL 160 WS7L M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WS7L M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 12:13:22 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 8:40

Total:  QSOs = 201  Sections = 62  Countries = 6  Total Score = 28,968

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Conditions aren't what they were two years ago but I had fun. I'm still trying
to "sweep" this one or at least work all states. 46 states and 6 provinces in
the log this time. Not much DX: CE, JA, PJ2, VP2M, XE, and ZF were it. I don't
know how CE1/K7CA does it but he makes it into my log in every single 160 test.
No other continental SA or even Central American stations were heard. The most
fun moment was calling a weak N8OO. When he answered he phased his 4-square at
me and was so loud it was almost scary. Interesting drifting spurs on a station
not far from me. I couldn't work him on a spur but then noticed a big signal in
sync with it on my panadapter. This is my first year operating with a
panadapter and I never want to be without one again. Too many weak ones that I
would dial right past going by ear.

73 and thanks for the Q's. See you all in the Stew.
Carl WS7L