[3830] 10RTTY AA8IA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] 10RTTY AA8IA Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 16:02:56 -0800
                    10-Meter RTTY Contest

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Toronto OH EN90QL
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 197  State/Prov = 24  Countries = 40  Total Score = 12,608

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Although propagation didn't shine on 10m like I had hoped, I think this new
contest is a hit.

I didn't use one bit of packet reception assistance; however, I did send a lot
of spots into the network... apparently enough to get the attention of some
cluster cop.  Oh well.

I had only made 5 or 6 Qs before the band shut down Saturday night.   Got on
bright and early, little after 7am Eastern.   Not much happening.  But it
finally picked up.   Unfortunately, to me it didn't seem as though the opening
to EU was very strong or very long.  Worked PV8ADI and ZK2V who weren't
specifically playing in the contest.  I just logged them as 000.

Had a great time though, and If one were to ask me I would tell them it was a
successful inaugural event.   Hopefully next year I'll have a yagi.

Gotta love 10m, whether it's wide open or barely open.  Always fun to play on
10m.

Thanks to AA5AU, K4GMH, W0YK (everyone and anyone responsible for creating this
event) and everyone who worked me in this test.