[3830] ARRL 160 KE7AUB Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ke7aub@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KE7AUB Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 17:44:42 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KE7AUB
Operator(s): KE7AUB
Station: KE7AUB

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 3  Sections = 2  Countries = 0  Total Score = 12

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My 1st real CW contest effort - look ma, no computer help in decoding the CW
(and the computer made mistakes that the stuff between the ears would catch and
correct). Only 3 qso's. Had to listen to each call numerous times to get it
before I dared to call. I heard and copied quite a few calls / exchanges that
I'm 99 pct certain I got right. Slowly but sure the training wheels come off.

Thanks to the 3 stations that heard my so-called signal; 2 very local and one
DX (OK, BC from OR is debatable DX from a distance point) I used my  57 foot
random wire not tuned to 160M - hence the qrp to try to keep the finals in the
7600 happy.

Kinda cool to have 160M as my first real CW contest.