[3830] 10RTTY K8AJS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin1@me.com
Subject: [3830] 10RTTY K8AJS Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 19:32:05 -0800
                    10-Meter RTTY Contest

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 268  State/Prov = 24  Countries = 56  Total Score = 21,440

Club:

Comments:

This was a fun contest, nice warmup for next weekend's ARRL 10 Meter Contest and
a good chance for an extended session on 10 meters to get a real feel for what
current propagation is like and what to expect. I want to give Don and Ed a lot
of thanks for coming up with this idea!

A little less than half of my contacts were US; I was spending more time most
of the contest working DX, which is my first love anyway...:-) Then in the last
couple of hours there wasn't much that could hear me but US stations, so I
picked up the state multipliers then. Sure would have been nice to have a
stronger opening into Japan the second evening; I was having a lot of trouble
competing with the West Coast, but that's how it goes [shrug].

Anyway, it was fun, I had some antenna work I needed to do Sunday afternoon to
help a local young ham, so I didn't get as many hours as I would have liked,
but I enjoyed the time I spent and I'm already looking forward to the next
one!

Rig: Yaesu FT1000MP 100 watts
Ant: 4-element quad
Software: WriteLog 10.81d