[3830] ARRL 160 NE9U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, skjasper@att.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NE9U Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 17:53:53 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NE9U
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: NE9U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 978  Sections = 75  Countries = 14  Total Score = 172,927

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

This was another field day dxpedition to my out in the middle of nowhere
northern Wisconsin cabin (to get away from all the city noise!)
Went up Wednesday and installed an inverted L (maybe 40 foot vertical) and a
K9AY loop.
Went up Friday and hooked things up around 2000Z to make sure things work.
My Laptop wouldn't boot up!!!!!
I use a real old DOS 486 computer with basically a dead battery in it.  I have
had occasions in my Wisconsin and Minnesota QSO party mobile adventures where
it sometimes takes a few minutes for the old laptop to come to life, but never
more than 5 minutes.
After  a half hour I almost gave up hope.  Finally after about an hour and a
half the thing came to life and I never had another problem all weekend
(computer-wise).
We got about 8 inches of snow Saturday and around midnight I had to go outside
and shake the snow off of the horizontal portion of the L.

Next up is my favorite contest...10 meters!  Shouldn't be a VHF contest this
year which will put us black-holers back to our normal disadvantage...but it
will be a blast anyway!

73

Scott  NE9U