[3830] ARRL 10 OQ5M(ON5ZO) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on5zo@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 OQ5M(ON5ZO) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 11:16:01 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: OQ5M
Operator(s): ON5ZO
Station: ON5ZO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JO20AR
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   CW:  716   139
  SSB:  660   117
-------------------
Total: 1376   256  Total Score = 1,071,104

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

ON5ZO + classic Telnet cluster = Multi Op.
OB11-3 = 5 el on 6m boom @22m, K3 + kW, N1MMLogger (accept no substitute!).

We should say: "The best ARRL 10m contest in almost a decade!".
But of course, us contesters say: "Lousy conditions way off from WW SSB and
even WW CW".

In fact this was my first ARRL 10m test with a real tower, a real antenna and
QRO. And sunspots! So I have nothing to compare to. I tried mixed mode with
packet which makes me M/S but now I have a benchmark for the future.

No the propagation wasn't as good as in WW SSB. But we're gonna be very unhappy
if we keep that weekend in mind as 'the standard for 10'. The band opened wide
around noon here, before noon things were slow. And around 16.00 utc it seemed
someone pulled the plug out of the bathtub and the signals slowly went down the
drain. Around 17.30 utc, the band was closed.

Nevertheless it was fun. Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73 de Franki ON5ZO = OQ5M
http://www.on5zo.be/