[3830] ARRL 10 AA8IA M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 AA8IA M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:40:18 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: AA8IA
Operator(s): AA8IA
Station: AA8IA

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Toronto EN90QL
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  296    76
  SSB:   40    29
-------------------
Total:  336   105  Total Score = 132,720

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I got spoiled by some of the great 10m prop we've had in the past two months or
so.  So I was a bit let down by the propagation here into eastern Ohio
yesterday and early today.  I'd classify most signals as "not strong" to "weak"
through, with a few exceptions.

On the few occasions where I CQd, I ended up asking for a lot of repeats.   My
filtering in the FT-950 was pretty funky and unless somebody was nearly
zero-beat with me I had problems with copying them.   Thanks to those who
exercised patience and gave me the fills.

To end on a much brighter note, I had 17 Qs logged last year versus this years'
336 Qs, and I certainly could have had a few hundred more had I spent the time
on the radio.   10 meters is definitely back in play!

Thanks for all of the Qs!