[3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ghoward@kent.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 PJ2T M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 16:31:12 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): K2PLF N4RV K8LEE WX0B W0CG
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 33

   CW: 1862   158
  SSB: 1102   152
-------------------
Total: 2964   310  Total Score = 2,992,120

Club: CCC

Comments:

With leadership from N4RV and equipment brought by WX0B we set up two stations,
one for CW and one for SSB. WX0B fabricated a lockout cable to assure that only
one transmitted at a time, and we were able to at times interleave phone and CW
contacts. At most other times, we ran on one and pounced mults on the other.

10 meter conditions the week before the contest were superior to those on the
weekend, but it was still a hoot to be able to work 29% of our Qs in Europe
after many years of not one single 10 meter QSO to Europe. The Asian contacts
were equally thrilling, most especially JT5DX on CW. Pileups slowed our rates
down markedly. As usual, the North American and Asian pileups were orderly but
the European pileups were another story altogether.

We consumed a lot of kilowatt hours of electricity and equal amounts of beer,
taking a focused but fun approach to the contest. It was great to again have
WX0B at the QTH and look forward to Jay's visits in the future.

Many thanks to Jack, N4RV, for providing the organizational leadership on this
one.

Thx and 73,

    - Geoff, W0CG/7, PJ2DX