[3830] ARRL 10 K1LT SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K1LT SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 17:24:25 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Ohio EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 23

   CW: 1062   151
  SSB:   53    30
-------------------
Total: 1062   151  Total Score = 641,448

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The score above doesn't include the SSB QSOs.

The power pole that started making broadband noise just before the
ARRL 160 contest is still making noise.  That pole which is about 1500
feet from my tower raises the 10 meter noise floor by several DB.  So,
working Europe was made more difficult because I couldn't hear the
weakest signals.  My apologies to those I couldn't pull through
(sounds like a low-band excuse).

The power company promises to fix the noise, but it remains to be seen
if they can do it before the Stew Perry test.

I started the contest operating "mixed", but I made my last SSB QSO
Saturday afternoon when the Europeans faded out on CW.  Since
conditions were better Sunday, I never went up to the SSB part of the
band again.  So, I'll probably enter the CW only class.

The surprise multiplier was VU2.  I didn't expect to hear such nice DX
through the line noise.  T8 was another nice multiplier, but I chased
him, so he wasn't a surprise.  The V6 didn't stick around very long
after I found him so I missed that one.  I didn't hear the XV.

Equipment: K3, ETO 91B (as always, thanks K8ND), X7 up 60 feet and an
old Hy_Gain 3 element monobander fixed on the Caribbean at 30 feet.