[3830] CQWW CW VU2HFR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vu2hfr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VU2HFR SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:11:10 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VU2HFR
Operator(s): VU2HFR
Station: VU2HFR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: CALCUTTA, INDIA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   31     5       16
   20:   22    13       11
   15:   29    14       19
   10:  532    29       83
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Gear:
Radio: FT100D 50 watts
Ant: 3el tribander (TH3JR) 45m up
Software: N1MM
Keying: 100% via N1MM and homebrewed opto-isolated RS232 interface

I had a great contest. With a modest station and a radio which I have repaired
thrice including the recent replacement of the MR255 power FETs I did not dare
crank up the power to more than 50 watts. I live in an apartment building and
the TH3JR was more than 20 years old and the 20M traps were quite lossy. The
antenna worked quite well on 15 and 10M and on 10M I had a blast. Imagine
working the exotic African and South American stations on a quiet band on 10M
at the dead of night when the only signals you can hear are PY, YV, CE, CW, ZD,
9G and 9J. I hope to be there again next year and improve on my score.

73

Horey, VU2HFR