[3830] ARRL 10 N7ZG SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N7ZG SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:08:53 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N7ZG
Operator(s): N7ZG
Station: N7ZG

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: Harstine
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

   CW:  926    98
  SSB:  411    89
-------------------
Total: 1337   187  Total Score = 846,362

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

I had to send both of my K3s to Elecraft for repairs.  Hats off to the Elecraft
staff.   They turned my radios around in about 2 DAYS so I had them back in
time for the 10M contest.   Amazing customer service.

This is my first real effort in this contest and had alot of fun.  The band
closed up at about 7 pm and I had only about 100 Qs in the log.   Lots of good
AS and OC mults including JT and HS0.   Mostly ran JA.

The band opened up at about 7 am to the east coast and was expecting EU to
open.  Never really did.  Worked a few western europeans and then started
runnning the east coast.  A few EU mults called in including GM and EA8.  Just
worked the UK and France pretty much.

Had a great run to the east coast on SSB the first day.  Finished up with about
700+ Qs.

Was hoping for a good EU the second day.   Heard a YU and was psyched for a
good opening.  But again, no joy.   The band didn't really open till 8 am.  In
fact I didn't even hear some of the countries worked the first day.   Pretty
much just worked a few EAs CTs and an F.   CU2JT did call in the second day
though.

Had a great run on CW and pretty much just focused on 4 pointers the whole
second day.   Again, I put almost 700 Qs in the log.   Well past my stretch
goal of 1000 Qs.

Highlights: V51YJ, CU2JT and E21EIC called in.

Was disappointed in the poor EU opening.   Should be better next year.

Setup:

2 Elecraft K3/100s
6 el monobander at 167'
3 el SteppIR at 60' fixed CA