[3830] ARRL 10 K3KU M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K3KU M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 06:06:58 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU; Y. MERKIN
Station: K3KU

Class: M/S LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4:34

   CW:  150    50
  SSB:   24    15
-------------------
Total:  174    65  Total Score = 42,120

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My objectives in this Contest were to have fun and to give my 14-yr-old mentee
friend a chance to operate.  I'm in the third year of helping this kid with
High School math, and have gotten him interested in Ham Radio Contesting.  I
arranged for him to come over Sunday afternoon.  Without him I would have been
CW-only, SOLP.  With him, we wind up as M/S (non-assisted).  I had fun.  He had
fun, but it was interesting to see his frustration at getting pounded in the
pileups.  And it was instructive to see the skills gap beteween a complete
newbie and even a Little Pistol phone 'op.

See also my post "Two at a time" on CQ-Contest Reflector.