[3830] ARRL 10 W1WEF SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1wef@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1WEF SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 06:25:12 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1WEF
Operator(s): W1WEF
Station: W1WEF

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 27.75

   CW: 2120   157
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 2120   157  Total Score = 1,331,360

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I have a serious question below, but first let me say this was fun. It's been a
while since I've really pushed myself in any contest, but I did this time so no
excuses. I was pleased to beat my goals of 1M and 2000 Qs which I thought were a
stretch when I set them.

Now my question: For over 30 years I have at times been dizzy (vertigo) when
getting up out of bed. It has only happened rarely, and usually went away in a
few days or less, as my Doctor said it would. I never associated it with
contesting until now, but it started again after CQWW CW, and gradually went
away, but is back full swing after this contest and although I've been up for 3
hours now I still feel dizzy. I'm wondering if the hours of headphones covering
my ears listening to CW along with being 74 yrs old has anything to do with it,
knowing that it's an inner ear thing. I also know that it has happened at times
without a contest, but wonder if anyone else has ever had vertigo and
associated it with long term CW operating?  Please reply directly to
w1wef@arrl.net.   Thanks   73   JACK