[3830] ARRL 10 NA8V SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 NA8V SO CW LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:40:14 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: mi
Operating Time (hrs): 25

   CW:  911   142
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  911   142  Total Score = 517,448

Club:

Comments:

TS850 + TH6 at 37'

Put the beam up Friday, had it all hooked up and ready to go at 2356z.

Skip in the US was dismal, it seemed like everything east of the Rockies was
bent.  Missed DC, VT and WV plus VE4 and the northern tier of VE.  I did get 8
XE states and more different XEs (12) than I've ever worked in contest before.
Never got close to what you could call rate except for a couple hours to EU.

Conditions to EU were good, but there just isn't enough daylight in December.
It's sunset in Moscow when it's dawn here.  Even so, I worked more EU than
stateside stations.  I was actually able to run some, although it's evident I
was a few layers down from a lot of folks.  Sunday was better, had an hour of
87 Sunday morning.  Worked more EU on Sunday than on Saturday.  One of the
highlights was finding an open spot at 015, calling CQ, going to town - for a
few brief minutes.  Didn't take long to get pushed back up to the high end.
After I realized just how weak the loud W's were and how tightly we were all
packed in, i got really worried about who was working whom.  Worked 25 JA's,
again better Sun than Sat.  Worked a UA0 and a 4z and that was it for Asia.
Band didn't open until 45min. after sunset both days.

Many thanks to all the ops that took the time to dig me out of the mud and also
to those that tried hard but couldn't quite get there.  Felt great to be back on
the high bands with an antenna that turns.

greg/na8v

hgchapoton@gmail.com