[3830] ARRL 10 K1WHS M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1whs@metrocast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K1WHS M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 05:30:48 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): W1UE K1BX K1WHS
Station: K1WHS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 35

   CW: 1511   158
  SSB: 1471   157
-------------------
Total: 2982   315  Total Score = 2,830,590

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

The first try with my new 10 meter antenna. As usual, Murphy struck right away
as we actually blew out our multiplier hunting second station due to high rf
coming down the unprotected feedline. (duh) I borrowed the K3 from my brother,
so when he stopped by to see how we were doing, he was a bit disappointed that
we killed his "baby".  The main station was another K3 and my homebrew
amplifier. It coasted along nicely all weekend. It sure was fun seeing ten
meters coming back, and while we did not work everything that was on the band,
we took a pretty good portion! I was disappointed in not many JA stations
appearing in the log, but I think we worked just about every VK who had an
antenna connected to his radio. W1UE and K1BX did 99.5% of the operating. K1WHS
was the go-fer. I did pizza delivery and kept the coffee pot running. At one
point I worked under the shack installing foam insulation board and sealing
it with spray foam. That was hard and I succeeded in getting most of the foam
in my hair. We had three home brew yagis aimed at Europe. There were two yagis
aimed at SA and a single yagi for everywhere else.  I can't wait for next year!