[3830] ARRL 10 ZP5X(@ZP5DBC) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lu9esd@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 ZP5X(@ZP5DBC) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:39:56 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: ZP5X
Operator(s): ZP5DBC LU8EOT LU9ESD
Station: ZP5DBC

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Asuncion, Paraguay
Operating Time (hrs): 30.9

   CW: 1191   137
  SSB: 1411   153
-------------------
Total: 2602   290  Total Score = 2,199,940

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Amazing trip for many reasons:
-First, operate another DXCC from. We knew one of the 7 new wonders of the
world, Iguazu falls in Brasil/Argentina.
-We knew the most powerful and second largest hydropower dam in the world,
Itaipu Dam, also considered one of the 7 wonders of the modern world.
- We knew wonderful people and amazing places so close to home. Thanks to Dany
ZP5DBC!

About the contest: difficult, strange, poor at times, but like all, FUNNY!
It would be boring if everything was easy!
The propagation was very bad for us, short openings to Europe at unusual times,
low prop to Japan and Asia in normal times and almost closed with VK and ZL.
Nights completely closed, only the second night I got about 100 QSOs with
Europe LP.
We only had about 10 hours of interesting condx each day. As the only ZP, we
had higher expectations than we could achieve, but against nature, can do
nothing. In the short times of stronger prop, the pileups were vy strong, and
so should have been most of the time.
US comes strong between 2100 and 2300z with stack, but earlier when EU are
opening, US stations comes with a S9 on the lower antenna and noise only with
the higher antenna.
Storms on Friday at the beginning and Saturday night, QRM from an electric
fence that we could not find, RFI problems with more than 400w in the lower
antenna, a power supply was burned the first hours, among other things...
But, THIS IS THE HAM RADIO!... and we are proud of this hobby has given us a
lot of friends who trusted us. This year we operate 4 times from outside the
country, and there is nothing more beautiful than traveling, meeting places,
people and new stations!

Thanks to Dany ZP5DBC for giving us this wonderful opportunity.

Personally, I am preparing my next adventure, it will be a great challenge. I
hope to hear you all from Malpelo HK0NA since January 20!

Merry XMAS and happy 2012!

73. Manu LU9ESD
ZP5X Team

Setup:
IC-7600 (brand new, arrived on Wednesday)
Henry 3K Classic
5 el. Yagui @12mh
5 el. Yagui @22mh
Stack Match by Array Solutions