[3830] ARRL 10 PI4TUE M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 PI4TUE M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 14:51:14 -0800
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: PI4TUE
Operator(s): ON9CC, PA3GFE, PA4AO, PC5A
Station: PI4TUE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Eindhoven
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   CW:  810   154
  SSB:  447   108
-------------------
Total: 1257   262  Total Score = 1,083,108

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Station setup:
TenTec Orion I + amplifier
SteppIR 3 ele @ 250 feet mostly in bi-dir mode (which is great by the way!)

About 10 stations were logged in the first hour, 4 of them from E7/S5, nice
scatter! After a 4.5 hour nap it started off slowly with the first DX at 0635
from Israel. After another half hour the band came alive and things started
moving. First VK worked just before 08:00. Later in the morning some strong
signals from Africa could be worked. EU was difficult because of ECHO's. First
station from north America made it into the log around 12Z. Then it was mainly
NA the rest of the afternoon until 17:45Z, when the band had sadly closed
already. A meager 600+ QSO's in the log. Hmmm, we had to adjust our goal.

The next morning from 07Z onwards the band woke up again. First with some small
JA runs short path. We were surprised to work JH5RXS at 14Z long path, since it
was already 6.5 hours into the night in JA5... Last DX to be worked was N4NO at
17:30Z from Alabama.

Over the weekend only 2 XE's were worked. It's a pity propagation (or
activity?) was not there to work all those XE provinces.

An interesting question is how we all would have done and how much more/less
fun we would have had without DXcluster, RBN and running just 100W...?

For those who worked us and want to hear how we heard you, drop me a message
and I can send you an audio clipping.

Hope to see many of you on Top Band in Stew Perry.
73
-- Aurelio, PC5A