[3830] TBDC N0AH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n0ah@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC N0AH Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 08:40:46 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N0AH
Operator(s): N0AH
Station: N0AH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DM79
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 103  Total Score = 726

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

New TS590S delivered as promised with pulling weak signals out of the noise-
learning curve created a few problems, like being a bit too tight not to hear
K0RF calling me who is 35 miles from here- got it figured out, hihi-  I gave up
on listening for any EU's inside the window as too many stateside ops calling in
there  )-;   - but did work PJ2, FM5, and my biggest catch of the night was
CE1/K7CA being at 8,336 KM.  Two KH6 stations.  Once calling me on my run
frequency, the other S/P.. Ran stations in up conversion mode, SFT 350 and WDH
250, and worked tough DX in down conversion- filters mainly set at SFT 300 and
WDH 80. Just an amazing radio for CW-  Thx to N2IC on helping me set up the
TS590S over-all menu items- I just had to figure out which filter settings were
fb for me- Using Cushcraft MA160V, and single wire K9AY loop.  Of note, I did
not use the preamp on the K9AY loop....it seemed a better combination to use
the TS590S without the K9AY preamp vs. using the Pro III and always seeming to
need the pre-amp on- might be the conditions last night, but that is the most
notible difference in comparing the rigs- The Pro III sure had a few items I
missed, namely, a built in keyer that I was used to for several years- the most
negative thing I had with the TS590S last night was the rig's internal keyer-
just not as smooth as the Pro III, so far- Slept in again yet for another
sunrise- no JA's but I know it would have been a good night for them- I wish
this contest was LP for all-

73  Paul  N0AH