[3830] TBDC K7IA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7iaham@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K7IA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 09:06:58 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K7IA
Operator(s): K7IA
Station: K7IA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: New Mexico
Operating Time (hrs): 3:21

Total:  QSOs = 118  Total Score = 545

Club:

Comments:

Shunt fed tower temporary lashup failed early in the event with sudden increase
in SWR.  However both the vee antenna and the shunt feed were selectable on the
remote coax switch, so I could compare received signals.  The shunt feed was the
winner, hands down, as rcvd signals were stronger by ear and by 2-3 S-units.
All but about five Qs were worked with the vee, which garnered some nice DX
(new for me on this band):  F5IN, OL1A, E77DX, DL6FBL, G4AMT.

I'm looking forward to making the shunt feed permanent before the CQ 160!