[3830] TBDC N2JDQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N2JDQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 09:43:37 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N2JDQ
Operator(s): N2JDQ
Station: N2JDQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN13
Operating Time (hrs): 7h30m

Total:  QSOs = 138  Total Score = 404

Club:

Comments:

1st Stew here ( Semi-serious Effort ) Band seemed promising @ 1st but seemed
fairly flat with no significant 'enhancements' till about 0240z when I started
hearing west coast. The sand man got me @ just before 0600z.. I cldnt stay
awake regardless of how much coffee I drank which was sad because that's prime
time for EU for my set up on their sun rise.
For the most part I worked everything I could hear until the later hours
0400-0600z. Effort was 90% S&P as I don't as well as I should, so I hunted a
lot.
Stations Heard but no QSO:

FM5CD - I heard him for what seemed hours n hours.. spent a solid 40 minutes in
all trying to QSO with him no dice. ( Have workd him b4 tho )

K0TQ - Good signal I just cldnt make it ( abt 10 minutes attempting )

N5OT - Big signal.. was working west when I 1st tried.. then some e.cst calls..
I cldnt make the path ( abt 20 minutes attempting )

PJ2T - Solid for many hours but I could not get threw, it seemed when his sig
peaked for me, thats when he was answering EU, and when he was light for me, is
when he was working USA ( abt 20min attempting )

K9OZ - Tried for abt 10m and gave up.. put him on the 'to look for later list'
and did not find him again

SPECIAL THANKS TO :

NG1G - Im not sure if you were LP or QRP or even QRO.. I dont have a good
station.. so the 8-10 Minutes of repeats.. THANK YOU for not giving up!

W7EW - I stumbled on him in S&P.. no one was calling him and I was shocked, I
gave 1 call.. I got a? and sent my call again.. and he got a partial.. QSB must
have got me a few times on his end as he worked N2MM and a few others.. and once
I was almost certian he kept sending N2ODQ and then grid grid? I did not want
him thinking that was my call..so..I kept sending my call again.. after what
was in total probabally 15-20 minutes we finally got the qso... THANK YOU for
not giving up. FYI you were 429-539 the whole time here.

Point Breakdown (Distance):

2 ptrs  - 64
3 ptrs  - 52
4 ptrs  - 16
6 ptrs  - 1
8 ptrs  - 1
9 ptrs  - 2
12 ptrs - 2

Most Popular Grid Square - FN20 @ 13 q's
2nd Most popular Grid Tied with 6 QSO's FM05 & FM19
Longest QSO - W7EW @ 3595 kM

Better ears are my priority for TB..next year hope to have a 30'x14' rotatable
flag @ 40'..ground mounted minimally. ( dnt think the K9AY loop will work well
here )

Station:
Kenwood TS-940S 100w
Ant TX & RX 1/4 wl Inv L (30' Vertical 45' straight horiz, then a few 90 deg
bends to fit on my city lot which is 33'x46'- 23 Radials pointing from 340 deg
to 60 deg even spaced.. NO LONGER than 60' with the majority in the 38-40'
range)

-Steve Raas
N2JDQ