[3830] TBDC DL6RAI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC DL6RAI Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:13:55 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: DL6RAI
Operator(s): DL6RAI
Station: DL6RAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: JN58VS
Operating Time (hrs): 12:11

Total:  QSOs = 301  Total Score = 1,103

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Good start to the East, but weak signals from North America this time. 7 JAs, 1
HL  and RA0FU in the first hours looked promising. HL2CFY.was a nice surprise
at 2246z.

Then N0NI got in the log very early, at 2305z - that still looked good. But in
the hours to follow, signals never really came up. W2GD, a typical beacon
signal for us, was always down in the noise. In the second part of the night
around 04z, signals showed up from southern US, while the East Coast completely
disappeared.

Only 17 x US and 3 x VE this year!

VY2ZM was the last station heard on the band at 0830z, 70 minutes after
sunrise.

Well. I guess we can't have it all - good high band and low band propagation at
the same time.

See you next year - Merry Xmas to All!