[3830] RAC Winter WB0TEV M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vmpaul@iname.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter WB0TEV M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:18:25 -0800
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: WB0TEV
Operator(s): WB0TEV, CLUSTER
Station: WB0TEV

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:
   80:    8      5       4         4
   40:    8     64       5         8
   20:   10     57       5        12
   15:   10     58       6        10
   10:    7     19       3         5
    6:
    2:
Total:   43    203      23        39  Total Score = 135,780

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Gear: FT-767, MLA2500 Amp, Mosley PRO-67B at 63 ft. N1MM Logger

Just wandered in and out of the shack off and on to have fun and pass out some
points to our neighbors up north.

Man were the VE8s were out in force for this one.  I ended up working five of
them, all on SSB (VE8GER on 20m & 15m, VE8RAC on 20m,15m & 10m, VE8YK who was
QRP on 15m, VE8NSD on 15, and VE8DAV on 20m. In fact I worked 3 of them on 15m
within a period of 7 minutes.  Sure would like to see some of these guys on for
Sweepstakes!

As to whether I managed to catch any of the VY0 activity, my answer would have
to be Nunavut! Managed to get at least 1 QSO with all the other Provinces &
Territories though.

Did mostly S&P, but did have a few short runs during which I was called by the
likes of HS0ZIN in the opening minutes of the contest and by BY1RX in the 2nd
hour, both on 20 SSB.

78% of QSOs were with Canadian stations. Had 18 20 point QSOs with VE/VO/VY#RAC
calls.

VE6RAC was everywhere.  Worked that call 8 times. 4x on CW and 4X on SSB.

Its nice to be far enough south here in North Texas for good propagation to
Canada on the high bands. O Canada!

Victor - WB0TEV