[3830] DARC 10 DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, DL1IAO@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] DARC 10 DL1IAO(@DL0WW) SO CW HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 04:56:24 -0800
                    DARC 10-Meter Contest

Call: DL1IAO
Operator(s): DL1IAO
Station: DL0WW

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: JN49FO
Operating Time (hrs): 2

------------
   CW:  157
  SSB:
------------
Total:  157  Mults = 117  Total Score = 18,369

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

IC756Pro3(INRAD) + Alpha87A, Idiom Press CMOS4
WT v3.27.1 on HP Omnibook XE3
Packet, Skimmer

6el Yagi @24m

DXCC wkd: 22

The first hour produced 98 QSOs on 28010 with a constant pileup of DL Scatter
signals peaking at about 160deg. I was rarely able to copy a complete call
because most signals were watery and of equal strength. Whenever I turned the
Yagi east to work a Russian or Asian station the pileup disappeared and the
rate dropped. EX2X and VK4SN called in for a nice multiplier during the first
minutes. At about 09:40 it started to rain and the Yagi picked up some annoying
static noise. I kept going but had a hard time to pull through the next couple
of QSOs. At 10:00 the QRN suddenly disappeared and the rate went up again for
the next 15min. ZS5XT was a nice surprise at 10:13. Then scatter signals from
160deg almost completely faded and I began to work some UA9, UR and other
Europeans, but at a much slower pace. At 10:25 I decided to click on some of
the packet and skimmer spots and worked 5H3EE, 9K2/SP4R, HZ1FI and XV1X in
between my CQs on 28010. I checked other spots on the bandmap but failed to
work them in a reasonable amount of time. I earned a call by BD7NWF (10:42) and
7Z1SJ (10:45), and worked 4K9W at 10:51 through his huge pileup. This cost my CQ
frequency so I spent the last minutes on 28008 and closed the second hour with
59 QSOs.

As every year I enjoyed these 2 hours on 10m with challenging propagation, DX
multipliers and local friends calling in. So far this is my best score and I
know it will be difficult to go beyond it with this setup.

Thanks for the QSOs,

73 & HNY,

Stefan
DL1IAO@contesting.com