[3830] RTTY Roundup K8AJS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin1@me.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup K8AJS Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 18:23:52 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  167
   40:  188
   20:  314
   15:  147
   10:   70
------------
Total:  886  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 51  Total Score = 95,688

Club:

Comments:

That was fun.

I really was hoping for better propagation, but it wasnâ??t to be. It seemed
worse on Sunday than Saturday, but neither day was really outstanding. I got
more multipliers than I did two years ago, when the solar flux was almost ready
to bust 90 (Last year doesnâ??t count; I was part of a scheduled multi-op at
another station that flopped because of antenna problems, and I wound up
putting in 5 and a half hours at home), but not much more. I really was hoping
for more DX; two years ago I had 48 countries, this year I had 51. The rest of
the (small) multiplier increase was in states and provinces. I got all the
states, but where was DC? Others have compared this contest to Sweepstakes;
they may not be far wrong. Iâ??m primarily a DXer, not a contester, I donâ??t
like Sweepstakes.

Things went well, I had a good time. Well, mostly well, on Sunday I was having
some rotator problems, the rotator didnâ??t want to turn clockwise farther than
120 degrees, so 120 to 180 was a no-show. Thatâ??s South America. I worked
around it, though, and it didnâ??t seem to hurt me. I wasnâ??t aware of any
stations on in that quadrant that I missed. Most of my contacts were on 80, 40
and 20, thanks to propagation, but 15 made a worthwhile contribution, and I was
even able to do some good on 10 meters; it surprised me by waking up on Sunday
for a lot of US stuff.

Activity was good, and I made a lot of contacts. Thanks to all of you for the
contacts, I appreciate it. I had fun overall and Iâ??m looking forward to next
yearâ??s run. Maybe weâ??ll even have more DXâ?¦â?º

Rig: FT1000MP
Antennas: Quad, 3 elements on 20 and 15, 4 elements on 10; 204-foot G5RV
Software: WriteLog 10.81f