[3830] RTTY Roundup N6HC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6hc@aol.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N6HC Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 20:21:00 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N6HC
Operator(s): N6HC
Station: N6HC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 18.25

------------
   80:   89
   40:  163
   20:  345
   15:  190
   10:  151
------------
Total:  938  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 30  Total Score = 80,668

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was the first RTTY contest that I have operated using N1MM and it performed
flawlessly.  I did not run assisted because there was no room on the monitor for
the bandmap :>(  I guess it is time for a dual output video card so that I can
add a second monitor!  The Santa Ana winds kicked up late Saturday night and
rattled my puny tower and antennas and I debated whether to retract the tower
sections and bid farwell to the contest.  I didn't want my tower to end up like
so many trees in Pasadena, CA in the last big blow.  Instead, I said a prayer
and went to bed.  When I awoke in the AM the wind was still howling but the
tower stood stright and tall.  I jumped back into the contest Sunday morning
after doing the Sudoku and crossword puzzles in the LA Times and watching the
start of the Giants-Falcons playoff game on my big screen TV.  Then I turned on
the small TV in the shack and watched the rest of the playoff games while
pounding out RTTY QSOs.  It was a treat to contact all my digital mode
enthusiast friends this weekend with the occasional "hi Arnie" salutation or a
HNY greeting.  Thanks for all the contacts and maybe one of these days I'll be
able to keep my butt in the chair for the full 24 hours.
73, Arnie N6HC