[3830] RTTY Roundup WL7BDO M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wl7bdo@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup WL7BDO M/S LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 22:08:44 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: WL7BDO
Operator(s): WL7BDO
Station: WL7BDO

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
   80:    0
   40:   17
   20:   26
   15:  151
   10:   36
------------
Total:  230  State/Prov = 41  Countries = 14  Total Score = 12,650

Club:

Comments:

15 Meters was the band which worked the best this far North.  10 Meters was weak
and 20 Meters was a bit noisy and again difficult.  The station equipment worked
without a hitch.  Routine operator errors where observed from time to time. Ran
100 watts S&P but when running did back it off to around 70 watts.   The new
radio keep it's cool.  Upgraded all the software and firmware the day before
which was maybe a dumb idea but it worked!  Never a crash of the computer.
The computer mouse would not move when Tx on 15 meters but would pop back into
action when it all returned to Rx.  Will need to put a little choke on that
wire next time.

My target was to top the low hanging MSLP record for Alaska.  My raw score is
110 points over the record.   Does not give much leeway for log checking but
still was fun to top the old number with 15 hours of operating time and my 40
Meter main antenna down in a wind storm a few weeks ago.

Thanks to all.

Carl