[3830] NAQP CW K0LUZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0luz@topsusa.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K0LUZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 07:08:22 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K0LUZ
Operator(s): K0LUZ
Station: K0LUZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

  160:    0     0
   80:   87    35
   40:  153    45
   20:  285    48
   15:  100    33
   10:   43    11
-------------------
Total:  668   172  Total Score = 116,232

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: FCG #3

Comments:

I have a question that ranks right up there with "why does only one half of a
matched pair of socks always appear from the dryer?"

I stand by from calling cq and there are two stations coming back.  I am
fortunate enough to pull through one of the complete calls and work him/her
with probably a total of 15 seconds taken to complete the qso.  I stand by for
the other call AND THEY ARE GONE!!!!!!  How does that make sense? They can find
another station and make a qso within that 15 seconds?   This happened more than
once especially near the beginning of the test.

Will someone please explain the psychology of this to me?

Overall,  excellent conditions although a bit thin on the east coast.  Less
than full time effort since my wife wanted to watch the Broncos/Patriots game
with me.  This is the first game she has watched on TV in over 44 years of
marriage,  so this was BIG!  My chance to score a convert.  I'll give her
credit that she stayed all the way to the end of the game despite it not being
a competitive game.  Good to hear so many of the familiar calls,  but will
K0VBU and K0VXU quit following each other around and calling in at the same
time?

73
Red K0LUZ