[3830] NAQP CW N8XX Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N8XX Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 10:53:27 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    0     0
   80:   75    32
   40:   71    37
   20:   46    21
   15:   47    19
   10:   11     5
-------------------
Total:  250   114  Total Score = 28,500

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC

Comments:

Sn*w and ice on the feeders (as high as 1" or more on flat parts of the window
line) and antenna wire (Guesstimate at more than ½" in diameter on a 14 gauge
wire) MIGHT have caused some lack of performance, particularly on 14 thru 28
Mhz.  The LDG auto tuner could find acceptable matching on all bands.  Didn't
think to deploy the end loading part of the antenna for 160, so couldn't make
it there.

Used "DUCK" in honor of K8DD (SK) and I'm sure there are some "busted contacts"
because folks would say "DICK ?" and I'd try to correct them, but they'd proceed
on.

NAQP is fun for QRP operation because the "BIG GUNS" are only allowed 100
watts, which makes it much easier to bust through a pileup.  S&P mainly, but
was semi-successful "running" late in the contest on 80 metres.

80 and 40 were a bit noisy, perhaps from sn*w static - and was somewhat
surprized in being able to work some stations who weren't S9 +++ on these
bands.

Thanx to the organizaers of this fine contest!