[3830] NAQP CW WQ6X Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Ron@WQ6X.Info
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WQ6X Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 16:38:08 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WQ6X
Operator(s): WQ6X
Station: WQ6X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Alameda, Ca
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  110    36
   20:   27    23
   15:   15    10
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  152    68  Total Score = 10,488

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #3

Comments:

This was a portable station setup in a tent behind the Monterey Center in
Alameda.  Client demands didn't allow station setup until 21:00z putting me on
the air at 22:30z. I missed the 10-meter opening (if there was one) and caught
the tail-end of 15. From there the MUF dropped rapidly, peaking 20 and then 40,
with a pile of atmospheric noise 90 mins later on each.  160 wouldn't tune and
80 sported "one-way skip. Nevertheless, I managed 152 Q's (65% on 40) in about
6.5 hours of OP time.  Where was the Solar Flux when wee needed it?
Radio(s):  ICOM 7000 & Kenwood TS-450(sat) for auxiliary chores.
Butternut HF2-V on an umbrella stand with about 8 radials twisted about.

  Ron
 WQ6X