[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, post3833@k6vva.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 19:59:59 -0800
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 20

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Locust Peak (Remote)
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   5      1
   80:  17      9
   40:  22     16
   20:   2      1
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  46     27  Total Score = 1,242

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

First, a big TNX again to all the NS Regulars who showed up in the LQP last
night!  By tomorrow, I hope to have the new 'Logs Rcvd' format which will
include 'Claimed Scores' up at http://www.k6vva.com/lqp .  Be sure to do a
REFRESH on your browsers!

Not a good NS night for me.  I decided to record tonight but could not get the
levels adjusted right and also had some distortion, which upset the operator's
apple cart.  So I will claim SO1.5QLF although checked the SO2R box.
Congrats to fellow NCCC'ers N6RO, N6ZFO & N3ZZ who all cleaned my NS score
clock tonight :^)

HORRIBLE (and apparently INTENTIONAL) QRM on 40m tonight between the solid
carrier, RTTY, 'jibbersih' CW being sent with no callsign given like with the
multiple 'QSY QSY QSY' xmssions.  IMHO, RTTY and other Digital modes belong
further up the WIDE-OPEN band segment above us.  This has gotten to be
ridiculous.  Sickening, actually ;-(

Too bad there is not some kind of embedded/encoded digital signature required
on EVERY CW transmission - something like an airplane transponder or whatever,
so ALL the jerks (especially those sending profanity in the DX pileups) could
be identified and dealt with by Fox Charlie Charlie.

Oh well, it's a constant reminder that we live in an IMperfect World... like me
stepping on a few folks like K7NV tonight with my out-of-sync calls.  Apologies,
guys!

73 & Tnx for the Q's & Mults...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust