[3830] NAQP SSB KQ0C Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KQ0C Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:07:28 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KQ0C
Operator(s): KQ0C
Station: KQ0C

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   30    16
   80:   49    25
   40:   91    32
   20:  269    45
   15:  139    38
   10:   48    24
-------------------
Total:  626   180  Total Score = 112,680

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Because of the weather forecast I operated from my home in the valley near
Carbondale rather than my mountain top shack. I can see the effect of the
lesser QTH in my score...112,680 this year vs 150,560 last year. My runs were
always short, other than one good one on 20 meters. And my rates were pretty
frustrating. I could hear K0DU and K0UK running nonstop with their better
locations and antennas. And to add to the frustration there has not been any
big wind or snow, so I could have gotten up and down from the cabin... arghhh.

I missed ME and RI for a WAS.

I worked K07X, W0RAA, W0ETT, N0KE,K0UK, K0DU, K0RH and perhaps a few others.

Oddly 80 meters was noisy but 160 meters was pretty quiet. Was that just my
set-up?

It sure is convenient operating low power where the rig's tuner can do all the
work.