[3830] NAQP SSB K9MU(@W0AIH) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9mu@k9mu.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K9MU(@W0AIH) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 22:46:26 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K9MU
Operator(s): K9MU
Station: W0AIH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 9.9

  160:   41    23
   80:  131    40
   40:  308    49
   20:  246    43
   15:  149    28
   10:  150    29
-------------------
Total: 1025   212  Total Score = 217,300

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team: MWA Lutefisk

Comments:

This was my first real single operator effort in any NAQP event. Thanks to Paul,
W0AIH, who let me use his station. I used the 40m radio in the Mulit-Multi
chalet and routed coax from the other stations to a common switch.

I had no clue when to take breaks or when to change bands. Ryan, KB9OWD, gave
me some hints and they seemed to work pretty well. I had some great rates (300+
10 QSO) and a few times where I could not get anything going. 15m was great to
the west but I lacked a lot of mults from W1/2/3. 80m and 160m were very noisy.
I should have put more time on 15m and needed to move more multipliers. I was
listening to K7RL near the end of contest and he was moving about every station
on 80m to 160m for double mults. Amazing!

It was nice having a few DX stations , KH6, and KL7 call me. It was a great
learning experience and looking forward to more NAQP events.

73,

Justin, K9MU @ W0AIH