[3830] NAQP SSB W6YI(N6MJ) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dann6mj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W6YI(N6MJ) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:02:47 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6YI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   25     7
   80:   63    28
   40:  222    50
   20:  363    56
   15:  498    57
   10:  381    39
-------------------
Total: 1552   237  Total Score = 367,824

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #1

Comments:

Thanks again to Jim, W6YI, for the use of his station.  Everything worked great
as usual, and the morning rain kept the power line noise away which was nice.

Conditions were strange on all bands.  10m was wide open to Europe in the
morning hours before the contest, so I really had high hopes for that band.  By
the time the contest started, those conditions fizzled and the band never really
opened to W1/2/3.  I missed several states in W1 as well as NJ.  The band was
open great to W4/8/9/0 all day long, so there was plenty of rate to be had, but
missed out on a lot of mults.  20m was a tough struggle in the evening time
which is usually when we have the best rate from W6.  The band was open, but
not many callers.  The low bands were by far the worst I have ever experienced
in a NAQP.  40m had a short burst of good rate around sunset, then after that
it was like pulling teeth.  Normally 40m is one of the best bands from YI, but
not this year.  80 and 160 were a major struggle as most people just CQed in my
face.  Never got a run going on either band.

Loudest signal of the contest goes to N8OO.  He was literally 30 over 9 on
160m, and louder than the locals.  Of course he just CQed in my face.  Amazing
what 100w can do.

73,

Dan N6MJ