[3830] NAQP SSB K7RL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K7RL Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 16:01:10 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   31    17
   80:  148    45
   40:  358    54
   20:  260    52
   15:  324    52
   10:  300    33
-------------------
Total: 1421   253  Total Score = 359,513

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Congratulations to K5TR on a super score, including N6MJ@W6YI, K4AB, W6NL, K0DU,
N9RV, and anyone else I may have missed.

Nice to hear 10m alive and well once again.  The band was somewhat spotty, but
there seemed to be no shortage of stations to work.  15m was definitely the
best band and the most productive - wish I could have spent more time there.

Just like the CW test last weekend, 20m proved to be a major speed bump in my
high band trio.  I could not produce any decent rate and missed some fairly
easy multipliers.  QRM squeezed me out of my run frequency on several occasions
and it was a fight just to keep any frequency semi-clear.  On numerous occasions
I had stations fire up their CQ machines without warning if the other station I
was working took more than 10 seconds to complete their end of the QSO.  It
reminded me of Sweepstakes during the low sunspot years.  I felt QRP.

40m was good and seemed fairly typical, but 80m took a while to finally get
cooking.  Overall, my numbers on 80m and 160m are down from last year with
multipliers down slightly.  It felt like I had to work extra hard for every Q
on those bands!

As always, thanks to all for the Qs and the QSYs!  My log has been uploaded to
LoTW.

73 de Mitch, K7RL