[3830] ARRL Jan VHF KK6MC/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesduffey@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF KK6MC/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:29:28 -0800

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  165    79  Total Score = 14,852

Club: New Mexico Big River Contesters

Comments:

Our best January Contest ever! We had a good 6M sporadic-E opening on Saturday
afternoon spreading from TX to MN.   But so did all of Az, and our QSOs on the
upper bands suffered a bit.  Sunday afternoon brought a new Sporadic E opening
to the Pacific Northwest and California.

We started in DM45 at a scenic overlook just below the Lowell Observatory. The
weather started out a bit rainy, changed to sleet and then to snow.
Fortunately, as we moved to lower and more southerly climes the weather got
dryer and warmer.

We missed N2IC in DM52 as he was out fighting a wild fire.

Worked a couple of XE2 stations as the only DX. Heard, but could not work
NP4X.

Good fun!! Thanks to W7QQ for coming along and driving. He was very thrilled
when we worked lots of his old buddies in the Pacific Northwest.

See you in June.