[3830] NAQP SSB N4KG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N4KG Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 00:24:32 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 10+

  160:   42    20
   80:  101    34
   40:  101    38
   20:  155    48
   15:  137    45
   10:   67    30
-------------------
Total:  603   215  Total Score = 129,645

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: ACG #1

Comments:

Strange Contest, Conditions were exactly opposite those on CW, i.e. High Bands
were HOT and Low Bands were NOT.  Backscatter and Es propagation on the High
Bands was MUCH Better than last weekend on CW.  Low Band activity was sparce
and scattered all over the available Bandwidth.

OFF Time Management was really weird.  I operated 5.5 hours straight before
taking my first OFF Time.  I still think 2 hours of mandatory OFF Time in a 12
hour contest is a Foolish Idea.  I would vote for either eliminating the OFF
Time requirement or reducing it to ONE Hour.

RUNS were short and unsustained.  A second Tribander and restoring my 2L40
would be a BIG improvement in the performance of my station in this contest.

Tom N4KG in North Alabama