[3830] CQ160 CW VE9AA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW VE9AA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 05:58:01 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 5:42

Total:  QSOs = 410  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 37  Total Score = 201,756

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Unable to devote any serious time to this as I am fresh out of "contest brownie
points" here in the household, hi !

Getting older has its benefits.  First night, got up at 3am to use the
facilities, then played in the contest for an hour or so.  Condx mediocre at
best...worked only 2 EU...was easy to go back to bed.

Second night, played for an hour after supper, then watched movies with family
for a while.  When I swept the band, and fired up on 1865.2 it was obvious I
was fresh meat....a feeding frenzy ensued.  What is it about folks...I would
send W2AB? W2AB? 5NN NB, and there was this KG9 or KG8 guy who would then send
his call like 5 times ...I stuck to my guns and all went well.  Had some of the
best rates of any recent contest.  Easy to do when sigs all 20/9 from the
USA....even some EU's over s9--amazing.

Where were all the VE4, 5, 6 & 7 and W7(WA) guys? Never worked them, KH6 or
KL7.

Turned in early, so I could be up for Sunday breakfast with the family.

Thanks all for the Q's.  It was quite a lot of fun.

Mike NB
Ic-746 narrow filters all engaged !
700w
Wimpy Inverted L and some excuses for radials
N1MM