[3830] CQ160 CW KE3X Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenlow7@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KE3X Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 08:39:24 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Washington, DC
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

Total:  QSOs = 265  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 3  Total Score = 28,764

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Only had a few hours on Saturday night, to test a new pennant receive antenna
oriented NE on Europe, which I had put up Saturday afternoon just as daylight
ran out.   Thanks to Paul K3STX for his help with the design.   But signals
from the pennant were extremely weak, 20db down from my Inverted-L transmit
antenna.

So this morning I took a second look, and realized the top of the pennant's
long end is only 3 feet away from a power line feeding a street lamp in the
alley - i.e. in the middle of an RF black hole.  As my son Kody would say -
"Not your best, Dad."

Best DX was being called by OK5W, so it appears the Inv-L works fine for
receiving anyway.  CU in the Sprints - 73,

Ken KE3X