[3830] CQ160 CW K0VXU Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0vxu@kc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K0VXU Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:40:37 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 11:03

Total:  QSOs = 531  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 16  Total Score = 90,864

Club: KC Contest Club

Comments:

This is always a fun contest.  Conditions were fairly good both nights with lots
of activity.  The band noise the second night was noticeably lower until right
at sunrise.

Limited op time but tried to use it wisely.  First first night during first 2
hours was S&P looking for multipliers, then ran for 2 hours.  Rate was not all
that good but productive.  Ended first night with around 350 Qs and 46 states
and 13 countries.  Still needed NE, LA, WY, ID, SC and several VE provinces.

The second night was much slower with mostly S&P looking for states.  Ended up
at sunrise working all states except WY and filled in several VE provinces plus
I stumbled across three JAs and HL5IVL. Heard a WY station but couldn't catch
him as he was S&P and off to another frequency before I could get my call in
there.  Had a bit of trouble working the JAs as N0XA (BIG SIGNAL) was on and
when he xmited, my rx got swamped.  But after a few tries I was able to copy
them between Fred's transmissions.

My age is beginning to catch up with me as I pooped out at 0900 the first night
and had to catch some zzz the second night at 0500.  That was enough sleep to
allow 3 more hours before sunrise.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.  See you next year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU