[3830] CQ160 CW K5OAI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5oai.sam@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K5OAI Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 12:34:50 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K5OAI
Operator(s): K5OAI
Station: K5OAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WTX
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 144  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 3  Total Score = 13,440

Club:

Comments:

K3 100w
7'tall Hi Q 6/160 mounted @ 20'
with 16 radials each 13' long
Hi-Q is about 6% efficient so (100 x .06 = 3w ERP)
All op was s&p
(you don't cq with 3w, waste of time, I tried)

by Sat morning
89 Q's
196 points
31 multipliers
29 states + Ontario and Mexico
6076 total score

===
2nd night was tougher,
for the first couple of hours almost no contacts
seemed I had already worked everyone that could hear me
finally started getting some new contacts when I
started to dig through the really weak stations
using the K3's APF (audio peak filter)
ended up adding another 55 Q's to the 1st nights 89 Q's
I know of at least 15 more that I never could get to hear me

Final as of Sunday 8:25am
144 Q's
320 points
42 multipliers
38 states + Ontario and for DX: Mexico, Curacao, and Bahamas
13440 total score

** actually heard my 1st JA's on 160m **
@ 1330z-1350z around 1.816-1.817
JE1ZWT  JA3YBK  JE1SPY

amazing what 3w ERP and a 7 foot tall stick @ 20' can do.
who said you can't have fun on 160m
from a ground floor apartment in the city?