[3830] CQ160 CW SV0XBZ/9(YL2VW) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW SV0XBZ/9(YL2VW) Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:13:50 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: SV0XBZ/9
Operator(s): YL2VW
Station: SV0XBZ/9

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Crete island
Operating Time (hrs): 13:00

Total:  QSOs = 451  State/Prov = 3  Countries = 46  Total Score = 115,983

Club: Latvian Contest Club

Comments:

Icom 756 Pro2, 100W, Top loaded vertical with 6 short radials + automatic
tuner.

1st night wind was too strong to extend 18m spiderbeam pole to full size, so
the vertical part of the antenna was only about 7m tall. Every QSO was a
struggle. Gave up around 1:30 GMT with about 60 QSOs in the log.

2nd night started late, but was able to extend the vertical full size, so had
16m vertical part of wire. More fun and ended the night with 420 QSOs.

Last night did not withstand the temptation and put the vertical up again for
just 2 last hours of the contest. But only 30 more qsos and some mults.

Heard some JAs second evening but did not strong enough to call. Strongest NA
signal heard was K1LZ.

Noise level S9 - S9+dB (no attenuator, no preamp). In the evening hours until
midnight have some additional local noise S9+20 dB....

This was probably my last effort on top band from Crete as I am returning back
to YL land in March.

73
Agris (YL2VW, SV0XBZ/9)