[3830] CQ160 CW KC1XX Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW KC1XX Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:51:01 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: KC1XX
Operator(s): W1FV, W1UE
Station: KC1XX

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Total:  QSOs = 867  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 28  Total Score = 185,136

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

OM Murphy struck with a vengeance, forcing us to abort our operation after the
first night.  We ran with two operators--W1FV and W1UE--the first night.  The
plan was for W1UE to depart on Saturday morning while Bob WA1Z and Randy N1KWF
would arrive later Saturday to carry on with W1FV for the rest of the contest.
Neither Bob nor Randy ever made it.  Randy suddenly took ill and had to cancel
at the last minute.  WA1Z, while driving over to the KC1XX station, suffered a
head-on automobile collision with a truck, which took him out of action.  Bob
is basically OK, but rather banged up physically, while his car was totaled.
On Saturday afternoon W1FV decided to cancel the remainder of the operation but
he didn't escape Murphy either--his car was sideswiped by a truck while driving
to the station on Friday morning.

It can only get better next year...