[3830] CQ160 CW N4DJ Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4dj@me.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW N4DJ Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 17:56:10 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: N4DJ
Operator(s): N4DJ
Station: N4DJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

Total:  QSOs = 664  State/Prov = 49  Countries = 16  Total Score = 105,560

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I was wondering if I could do as well from my new location in New Kent County as
I did last year from my old QTH in Hampton (on a salt marsh). I am using the
same Inverted L (42 foot vertical and 137 ft horizontal). The only change I
made was to use elevated radials instead of ground radials. (A good
Norâ??easter would saturate the area under and around my antennas with salt
water a couple times each year at the old QTH, thus improving my ground
conductivity!)
So far it looks like there is not much difference. I made more QSOs this year
by 664 to 641. DX was down, maybe it was just conditions, I only worked half as
many countries as last year. The DX I did work answered my CQs. (I did almost no
S&P this year.) I think that speaks well for the antenna.
Now to get on with putting up more wire for next year, so the Inverted L can
become â??The Reference Antennaâ??!

73,
Don
N4DJ