[3830] NA Sprint CW KU5B(@KU5B/M) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW KU5B(@KU5B/M) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 22:13:17 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: KU5B/M

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NX5M's Yard
Operating Time (hrs): .1

   80:   0
   40:   5
   20:   0
---------------------
Total:   5     Mults = 5  Total Score = 25

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

A pitiful score but lots of kinks in the mobile station seemingly found.
Nonetheless, a trial run for next weekend's Louisiana QSO Party. Catch N5NA,
W3DYA, and myself as we cover 50+ of the 64 LA parishes. My dad (W5JSJ) has
again agreed to drive me around as a 24th birthday present.

Two main problems: 40 SSB audio is awful at >70w and I have a chirp when the
engine idles for a long time and when the engine is off. A call into mobile
tech guru NO5W has been placed. The NA Sprint CQ/X module works well though!

Had a front roll through in the wee hours of Saturday morning which left the
station grounds pretty dang wet and I didn't want to trod around hooking stuff
up in the mud. Pretty tough to sit out the running I won LP last year but for a
good cause.

Colin KU5B