[3830] NA Sprint CW K7SS LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dank7ss@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K7SS LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 08:39:34 -0800
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wa
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:   55
   40:  122
   20:  121
---------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

Well what started out as a plan on just doing a 20m sprint-within-a-sprint for
an hour or so, hooked me good..  was at home station, after usually doing these
at K7RI up on the hill.   Reason was, we were having one of our few very sunny
days up here in Seattle and enjoying a balmy 55 degrees, the first of a few
nice post ice storm days.... and wanted to spend time outside.

But...as we all know... if the rate is happening, just keep it going.

This is the first sprint w/ the new 40m loop dipole on the steppir, and before
this antenna, I would dread having to leave 20...but this antenna really plays
well at 48'...so going to 40 was not unlike still being on 20. rate stayed up
and plenty to work..

80 however is another story...and first pop down to 80 yielded just a few
copyable signals from W6 and what few W7s were on..  but the band seemed to
change and improve every 5 minutes, til the end.

Made a classic goof. All these Thursday nite NS sessions give one a score based
on MULTS PER BAND, added up.  So spent almost all my time on 80 chasing piss
weak east coast big guns to get the MULTS!! could have been working semi easy
W6s all along, but whenever i heard a 1/2/3/4 I would go for it, usually w/ no
reply.    So it never did dawn on me til afterwards, that they were no more
valuable than a local...  DOH !!!

Now comes the joy of typing all the exchanges into N1MM, so my numbers may be a
bit +/- after im done.  Used trusty soft lead pencil, and lined notepad paper as
usual.  No software snafus here, cept for starting w/ a faulty ballpoint and
scrambling to find a pencil ... LOL...

Hope those who are reading this, will take the time to get on at least a bit
during the phone SPRINT this month.  I know... its not the preferred mode for
most...but can be lots of fun..

Heard 9V1YC working N6AA right at the start and flipped the 180 button on the
steppir to try and get him in the log...but he was quickly buried. Sorry James,
guess the DX QSO bug got to me...chasing DX in the NA sprint ! hahhaha

Thanks to all those who make this Sprint possible and manage it..  Its a real
treat !

73
DanWa
K7SS